- 1. - Accountant
Platypus Technologies uses advanced materials to develop sensors for industrial hygiene and environmental monitoring markets. The company has built a uniquely broad portfolio of intellectual property, expertise and technological capabilities, and is poised to commercialize multiple new products, applying expertise in physics, chemistry, materials science, biology and engineering. Employees benefit from a small company atmosphere in which everyone contributes to whatever tasks are needed to accomplish company goals. Platypus offers a stimulating, challenging environment, a full benefits package, and competitive salary.
Under the direction of the COO, the Accountant is responsible for maintaining and coordinating the activities of the general ledger, inventory records, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and credit and collection area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Determine work procedures and expedite workflow for both the accounts receivable and accounts payable areas; including collection and cash management.
- Maintain perpetual inventory records
- Manage payroll process with external provider; work with Human Resources providing employees with all necessary records.
- Compile reports required by management and government agencies, including grant filings, sales tax filings.
- Maintain general ledger; make general journal entries and analyze results.
- Analyze project expenses versus income produced; prepare cost analysis and ratio analysis reports for management; analyze trends in cost variances.
- Process commission reports.
- Approve customer credit limits.
- Resolve problems regarding collection of payments.
- Prepare and co-ordinate with the Company’s auditors.
- Perform general office administration activities
- Provide customer service related function when necessary (order entry, shipping support, field calls)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS in accounting or finance
- 5 years general accounting experience
How To Apply
your resume and cover letter with the subject line RPT2016.
Additional Applicant Contact
If you don’t see an opportunity that best fits your expertise, check out what we do, and if you think you could help us, please your resume for our review.